Weekend ride proposal

An area to discuss riding with like minded riders and arrange meeting times and places. Also, check out the High Lodge page detailling potential limited access areas (such as Harvesting etc) this is updated daily

Weekend ride proposal

Postby Norfolk Paul » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi all, as the Monday evening rides are going so well with many get fitter and faster i was wondering if it would be a good idea to add a "beginner friendly" ride maybe once a month?

Although the Monday night rides are pitched at "all welcome" the reality is new people to the sport/timber may struggle to keep up. I have heard many times from many people that they will happily lead a slower group but I have never seen this actually happen.

So back to my proposal. As some of you know I support Jamie Smith (we've done some build days together), he would like to join in with some group rides but only averages around 7-8 mph. "we" could lead a steady paced group ride on a Saturday Morning and Afternoon so 10-12 ish and then 1-3 ish Getting in around 10 miles per session.

Any thoughts on whether this is something TIMBER would like to support?

Cheers, Paul Gretton
Norfolk Paul

Re: Weekend ride proposal

Postby Moe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:11 am

Definitely, the NSQ thread was set up for that purpose but as you say, there is a step gap between starting and being able to hold a Monday pace and even though we/they will wait, the feeling of any newcomer tends to be that they are holding people back. So yes it would be a great idea to get something rolling on a regular basis. I've always had the problem of shift work meaning I can't commit to a set day regularly but will happily help share lead or tail end as I'm able. :goodidea:
Mi cuerpo es viejo pero mi espíritu es joven.
Moe
ex-Chairman

Re: Weekend ride proposal

Postby SteTaylor » Mon May 30, 2016 10:25 am

Over in Cannock they have a 'Slackers Ride' for help ease new people into the main weekly ride. Would be a perfect way to introduce and include more members, especially those with limited skills and abilities.
SteTaylor

Return to Group Rides