CRM Software

Chat and postings on all things MTB and otherwise.

CRM Software

Postby Berm Bandit » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:49 am

Knowing how many of you lot are in the techy end of the spectrum, does anyone have an experience with CRM software and might be able to give me a bit of a steer as to where to look? Currently I'm operating Sage 50 Accounts, and we have a very dated version of something called Maximiser as a database. Frankly I'm not overly in love with either of these for differing reasons. The obvious solution would be to go for Sage ACT which would theoretically integrate nicely with our accounts package.....but the issue with Sage is its slow and crahes regularly which as I understand it that relates to its outdated database software. The general online consensus is that adding ACT slows it and destabilises it further ..... so the $64,000 question is any other suggestions?
Democracy falls down at the point where you have to persuade stupid people to vote for you......
Berm Bandit
Vice President

Re: CRM Software

Postby peterh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 am

Zero experience here (I assume this is customer relationship mgt sw you're asking about). Databases shouldn't really be a bottleneck nowadays. I'd look for something that uses an open source database like MySql.
peterh
Treasurer

Postby Berm Bandit » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:15 pm

See??? I'd have never come up with Mysql in a million years......(whats it mean?)
Democracy falls down at the point where you have to persuade stupid people to vote for you......
Berm Bandit
Vice President

Postby peterh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:36 pm

It's the name of a database server. It's open source and so free which appeals to my Yorkshire side. It's used a lot on website like this for example. It's probably not a relevant - I really don't know a thing about Sage and stuff like it.
peterh
Treasurer

Postby Berm Bandit » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:45 pm

The important thing is can I throw it into conversation so I sound like I know what I'm talking about?
Berm Bandit
Vice President

Postby MrGreedy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Berm Bandit wrote:The important thing is can I throw it into conversation so I sound like I know what I'm talking about?

As a regular SQL user, I'd say it depends how you pronounce it :geek:
MrGreedy

Postby slowjo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Make sure you don't say seequll, you MUST say S Q L! :)
They mostly come in the night time.....mostly!
slowjo
Vice President

Postby Vertigoz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Hey everyone. I've been using banking crm software for a while now, and I'd say setting up MySQL isn't way too hard. Get the database running on your hosting, get your configs right and it should go well.
Vertigoz

Return to General Discussion