Timbers new dawn

Chat and postings on all things MTB and otherwise.

Timbers new dawn

Postby Moe » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:48 pm

As most of you will have been aware there was a 'situation' some weeks back that resulted in a popular section of cheeky wild trail on the BCP side getting trashed by ops. now although this has happened before with the usual gnashing of teeth, tears and protestations from the local riding fraternity. this particular instance was preempted by the FC posting a notice inviting feedback and implying the possibility of a compromise .... only to then move in the very next day and do the thinning regardless. Cue lots of discussion on the internet and even the media getting involved!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/14732281698/

Without going into the nitty gritty of it all, the main cause of the resulting carnage was, as often is the case, bad communication and the right people no being available at the wrong time. But .... as the old saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity! The whole situation has attracted much attention and has given us and the FC the opportunity to review the last couple of months with the result that a lot more riders are now much more aware of how the Forestry and recreation have to be managed. The FC (initiated by Owen & Helen) have arranged monthly open meetings with the aim of keeping everyone in the picture about projects and forest ops but also to hear what the riders have to say.

Mostly this has been going on in the Facebook world and those of you with no interest in FB will not have seen the discussions around this and other subjects but we will try and keep the information flowing into the forum in an attempt to be fully inclusive (even if it's just copy & paste).

In the meantime membership has increased from 73 to 93 in the space of a few days, the stall in build days is being worked on with urgency and it is hoped there will be an update very soon as there are lots of exciting projects in the pipeline raring to go.

Watch this space ..... or should that be the one below?! :???: :lol:
Mi cuerpo es viejo pero mi espíritu es joven.
Moe
ex-Chairman

Re: Timbers new dawn

Postby Moe » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Latest post from Stephen Wiltshire on FB:

LINE BURNER /BEATER TRAIL SIGNS.
Design and creation can any one help?
This has been an on going job but there are budget constraints. I've just cleared with FC to move forward on this but again Timber would like to ask our bike community for help. If you can make/provide trail signs and would your handy work on display PM me. Thanks again

Various offers have been made but please contact Stephen if you can assist.

Also our treasurer, Peter is on Holiday next week (probably off hunting for lost empires in the Amazon!) so there may be delays in membership confirmation. Any pressing issues, contact me. :goodidea:
Moe
ex-Chairman

Postby Moe » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:28 pm

Message from Owen ref the new section currently being remodelled:

Hi All,
A quick progress update on THE down HILL and Head Turner, as you can see the work is moving along nicely. Unfortunately there have been a number of riders using the trail as the work is being carried out, despite there being signs, barriers and brashing.
Please be patient and stay off the trail.
Cheers
Owen

https://www.facebook.com/groups/14732281698/
Moe
ex-Chairman

Postby Moe » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Another message from Owen inviting any interested parties to regular open 'drop in' meetings:

The next open meeting will be held at Oak Lodge on the High Lodge site. 6th October from 6pm to 8pm. The meeting format is going to change to a 'drop in' and say hi, ask questions and have a coffee rather than a formal sit down. We want to keep it informal and allow people to drop in and out as it suits them, this will make it more accessible and keep it with in the time slot. There will be planning, harvesting and constraints maps available for people to view and we will take notes as we go to make sure were getting the right info out there. See you on the 6th... Cheers Owen and Helen.
Moe
ex-Chairman

Postby peterh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:58 pm

I can actually see the facebook page even though I don't hae an account. It used to ask you to log in.
peterh
Treasurer

Postby gnarlyrider » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:50 pm

peterh wrote:I can actually see the facebook page even though I don't hae an account. It used to ask you to log in.

That's right Peter - however you still need to create a FB account and sign in for access to some sections / links.
"Life is really simple .. but we insist on making it complicated" Confucius
gnarlyrider

Return to General Discussion