Volunteering

Activities we're getting up to. Click to view the Calendar.

Volunteering

Postby MONOLITH » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:13 am

Hi all,

First time post here but I was riding the trails the other day and thought I would use some of the volunteering time off I get with work to help out if possible. I have 5 days I can use at the moment so do you guys/girls have anything planned on a week day that you could use an extra pair of hands for?

I also want to say a big thanks for the work you do on the trails. Every time I ride them I appreciate all the work that goes into keeping them going.

Cheers.
MONOLITH

Re: Volunteering

Postby mattimus » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:33 pm

if nothing official going on - it is ok to head out with shears and chop some of the overgrown trails back a bit :goodidea:
mattimus

Postby Moe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Sorry mattimus, had not caught your post.

Any 'work' carried out in the forest should be authorised by and follow FC guidelines*, I'll be about this week hopefully to do a bit of strimming and a few other bits n pieces. Will be up at High Lodge about 9.30 tomorrow and Wednesday.

*not as bureaucratic as it might sound, we have most of the formalities pinned down now.
Mi cuerpo es viejo pero mi espíritu es joven.
Moe
ex-Chairman

Postby MONOLITH » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. I think I would have to tag along with someone else (at least for the first few times) so that it would be in more of an 'official capacity'. Sorry that I missed out on tagging along earlier in the week. I know it is a bit of pain but if anyone could give me a couple of week's notice if there heading out to do some maintenance I can get the time booked off with work.

So if you are heading out in the near future and need an extra set of hands please message me on here and I'll try and get the time booked off and come down and help out.

Thanks.
MONOLITH

Postby Jacqueslemac » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 am

Same for me. Please message me whenever you need an extra pair of hands. No need to book time off work, but a few days notice would be handy.
Jacqueslemac

Postby peterh » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:06 am

No one uses the forum anymore - the Facebook page is very busy though if you want to know what's going on https://www.facebook.com/groups/14732281698/
peterh
Treasurer

Postby Jacqueslemac » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Shame, really. I don't like Facebook and don't use it very often.
Jacqueslemac

Return to Trail Development & Forest Activities (including Trail Days)